Free Family-Friendly Festival
NH LAKES’ LakeFest 2014: Raft-a-Palooza, presented by Binnie Media
Sunday, August 3, 2014 (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
* FREE PARKING * FREE SHUTTLE BUS *
Check back for regular updates; can’t wait to see you 8/3 @ LakeFest 2014: Raft-a-Palooza!
Performers include well-known fiddler extraordinaire Jordan Tirrell-Wysocki performing with guitarist Matt Jensen, the Concord Coachmen Barbershop Chorus, and more – see Festival Schedule for details.
Watershed Warriors Children’s Education Circuit (10 AM – 3 PM)
Junior Ranger-style program where children complete a series of 7 stations before earning their Watershed Warriors patch (while supplies last). They’ll explore:
- How are lakes formed?
- How does water move around?
- What lives in and near the water?
- What is a Watershed?
- Get the Dirt and Pollution Out!
- Prevent the spread!
- Pledge to be a Watershed Warrior!
Arts Market at LakeFest
Granite State Arts Market has curated this marketplace of area artisans, who will put their talent on display for all to enjoy (+ purchase):
- Deb Nicholson – Riverworks Jewelry
- Saad Hindal – Fine Artist
- Ben Braggins – Knitting Metal – chaine maille
- Renee Mallett – Amaranth & Rue, soaps
- Michelle Lienhart – Just Be, tee shirts
- June Wallace – Cat ‘n’ Squirrel Coloring Company, tie dyed clothing and accessories
- Marianne Janik – Calli b. , jewelry
- Kitty Stoykovich – Kitty Designs, metal jewelry
- April Godbout – April’s Bear Necessities, teddy bears
- Kari Thierren – Joyful Owl Naturals, body care for mom and baby
- Sara Petipas – pottery
Food Vendors (8 AM – 3 PM)
Dine lakeside with delectable bites from food vendors including:
Have your eye on a new canoe or kayak? Irwin Marine will be onsite with a bounty of boats to peruse.
Enjoy a peek back in boating time courtesy of The New Hampshire Boat Museum, meet Andy Opel, author of the popular Winnipesaukee-based children’s books The Weirs and The Witches, learn about the “Big Lake” from Ronald Guilmette, co-author of Islands of Winnipesaukee, and so much more…
7:00 AM – Raft-a-Palooza Guinness World Record attempt registration/check-in/boat drop open
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Live music
10:15 AM – Blessing of the Fleet (on the beach)
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – DJ Pat Kelly from 98.3 WLNH – New Hampshire’s BIG Variety (a Binnie Media station)
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – Fiddler Jordan Tirrell-Wysocki with guitarist Matt Jensen
1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Concord Coachmen Barbershop Chorus
1:45 PM – 2:30 PM – Fiddler Jordan Tirrell-Wysocki with guitarist Matt Jensen
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM – Closing remarks, Trivia Treasure Hunt winner announced, Kayak raffle winner announced