Good Morning + Happy LakeFest 2014: Raft-a-Palooza Day!
Participating in the TWO Guinness World Record attempts at Raft-a-Palooza? Awesome! Some important reminders to maximize today’s fun:
1. DROP your canoes + kayaks in the clearly marked boat unloading lane on Lakeside Ave starting at 7 AM. You’ll get a green tyvek bracelet that matches you to your boat. We’ve got a team of folks who’ll be working hard to get boats unloaded as quickly as possible – please do your best to clear the unloading zone promptly. Make note of which color zone you left your boat in, so you can pick it up after checking in. (Registration at the Meredith launch site in Hesky Park is open 7 AM – 9 AM)
2. PARK at the Weirs Beach Lobster Pound (70 Endicott St., Laconia) – then REGISTER/CHECK-IN (if pre-registered) at the lower parking lot of the Lobster Pound starting at 7 AM. Save time by registering online. Before leaving the Lobster Pound (via foot – it’s a 3 minute walk, or free shuttle bus), stop at the ATM and/or port-a-potties if needed. There are flush toilets + additional port-a-potties in Endicott Rock Park, but no ATM in the park.
3. PICK UP YOUR BOAT in the color zone where you left it on Lakeside Ave. near Endicott Rock Park.
4. HEAD TO BOAT INSPECTION – cross over the railroad tracks (CAREFULLY – trains run through regularly, so do not leave your boats on the tracks) + head down the ramp into Endicott Rock Park. You’ll be greeted by Lake Hosts for the boat inspection process.
5. BE READY WITH YOUR BOAT on the BEACH by 10 AM! Our 1st Guinness World Record attempt (largest simultaneous launch) promptly follows the 10:15 AM Blessing of the Fleet. Our pre-registration numbers are double the boats needed to break Australia’s current record, but it’s CRITICAL you arrive on time + carefully follow instructions in order to be counted. The 2nd Guinness World Record attempt (largest free floating raft) is at 11 AM.
6. FREE FAMILY-FRIENDLY FESTIVAL – a veritable boatload of fun awaits you on land – live music, Watershed Warriors program for kids, famous local food trucks, Artisan Marketplace, education exhibits, retail vendors including boat sales, + much more. Vendors open at 8 AM, Watershed Warriors + education area open at 10 AM – click here for schedule.
7. BE READY TO ENJOY A GREAT DAY! The forecast is terrific – high of 79 degrees with 0% chance of rain + winds at just 5 MPH. With TWO Guinness World Record attempts and an awesome festival lineup set in picturesque Endicott Rock Park, good times await. Thanks in advance for coming out to support NH LAKES’ mission to protect NH’s lakes + waterways!
We’ll see you soon…