Last year, adults and kids alike had a blast at LakeFest; THIS Sun. 8/3, adult- and kid-friendly fun will be over the top – in a great way! So bring the whole family – here are 10 suggestions to get them started at NH LAKES’ LakeFest 2014: Raft-a-Palooza, presented by Binnie Media at Endicott Rock Park on Lake Winnipesaukee (Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH):
2. Earn an I Cleaned, Drained & Dried! patch after completing the Raft-a-Palooza attempt – first (100) kids to the NH LAKES tent in the Festival area get a patch!3. Play on the sandy beach – make a castle, dig ’til you hit water, bury your feet! We’ll have a community stash of beach toys for the kids to use; feel free to bring your own too!4. Become a Watershed Warrior! Kids go through a Junior Ranger-style cycle of stations to learn all about the watershed, earning a patch (while supplies last) upon successful completion.5. Visit the custom teddy bear artist + see lots of other cool creations at the LakeFest Artisans Marketplace in the Festival area.
6. Dance on the grass! Famous local fiddler Jordan TW Music, a barbershop chorus, popular music from DJ Pat Kelly – lots of music, lots to celebrate!
7. Take a tour of the nonprofit + education area displays – lots to learn + explore w/ these great folks.
8. Meet Andy Opel, author of the popular Winnipesaukee-based children’s books The Weirs and The Witches.
10. Learn how to protect NH’s lakes + waterways from aquatic invasive species – we need kids of all ages to pitch in to keep our waters pristine for generations to come!
Mark you calendar for Sun. 8/3 at Weirs Beach’s beautiful Endicott Rock Park on Lake Winnipesaukee (Laconia, NH) – click here for the full event schedule. Remember – FREE parking, FREE festival, FREE shuttle bus, TWO Guinness World Records at stake!